A SEA OF SORROW:
A Novel of Odysseus
Odysseus, an infamous trickster of Troy, a vaunted hero of the Greeks, left behind a wake of chaos and despair during his decade-long journey home to Ithaca. Lovers and enemies, witches and monsters–no one who tangled with Odysseus emerged unscathed. Some prayed for his return, others, for his destruction. These are their stories…
- A beleaguered queen’s gambit for maintaining power unravels as a son plots vengeance.
- A tormented siren battles a goddess’s curse and the forces of nature to survive.
- An exiled sorceress defies a lustful captain and his greedy crew.
- A blinded shepherd swears revenge on the pirate-king who mutilated him.
- A beautiful empress binds a shipwrecked sailor to servitude, only to wonder who is serving whom.
- A young suitor dreams of love while a returned king conceives a savage retribution.
The Odyssey Through the Eyes of its Shattered Victims
“A Sea of Sorrows brings fresh perspective to Odysseus’ journey and presents thought-provoking ideas about the ancient world.” E.Davies
Odysseus as You’ve Never Seen Him Before!
Six authors bring to life the epic tale of The Odyssey via the monsters, witches, lovers, and warriors whose lives were upended by the antics of the “man of many faces.” You may never look upon this timeless epic—and its iconic ancient hero—in quite the same way again. In the tradition of Madeline Miller’s Song of Achilles, and with the spirit of Lindsey Davis’ The Third Nero, and Kate Quinn’s Mistress of Rome, A Sea of Sorrowtransports you to the endlessly fascinating world of Homeric Greece.